20101011

Stage Craft

What is Stage Craft?

If you ask me - it is the process of preparing for a performance.
This covers every detail from organizing your show - getting all the props in their proper place - and setting the stage, lighting, and sound.

Not all shows have the same requirements - so you have to consider what your specific show needs in order for it to appear professional.

I recently performed at a block party - as a walk-around magician.  Stage setting, lighting, and sound had no relevance to my performance.  But, the selection and placement of my magic props did take some planning.

I thought I had it all set until I realized that I was searching for props in my over-crowded pouch.

When I got home I started working on the pouch so it will be more organized for the next show.

It's an ongoing effort - trying to improve my performance each time I do one.

No comments:

Post a Comment